Monday, August 22, 2005

A#1 / Pre-formal (part 1)


hey - its everyone at the pre-formal L>R (Jess, Dave, Tara, Eric, Liz, Sam, Greg, Ben, Ang, Matt, Berna) Posted by Picasa

Check it! Formal!

ill try get this out as quick as i can, im running on coffee and Desert Sessions tunes and am fucking tired..

Righty, where to start...

Well, this is all in my eyes, and ill tell you what i think, as i thought it.

It started off Tuesday morning. Got up, showered, shat, clothed myself and sat about. Decided to amble off to the shops to get myself a silk hanky thingo for my pocket. got one, it wasnt the right colour though, so i went off home. Went down to ye ole flower shoppe (when it occured they'd most probably have something in the order of what i wanted) and got myself two red long-stem roses for the wonderful Jess. On the spur of the moment, also decided to buy a jacket rose thingy (that give me the shits to no end, all night)
Stopped by Night Owl and got myself a V Black. *note to self - very interesting drink, good stuff*
sat down..gave GT4 a bit of a play and decided to amble on over to ben's joint to drop off some clothes to change into after the formal was over, for the post. ended up staying waaaaay longer than expected, missed my bus and decided to fuck it and walk home. did so in the tidy time of 35 mins. go team me! :|

Showered for second time - i was getting rather clean by now.... and took my sweet ass time changing into 'The Suit'
went next door and sorted the lift for the formal - Rolls Royce Silver Shadow II (in British Racing Green) had the neighbour take a few photos and was set to go.

Off to the Pre-formal. What a tool - i forgot my pre-formal ticket *errrrrrrr* anyho, the kind folks at the gate were powerless to my charms (read let me in as they knew me) and admitted me to the gathering. Ahead - the fucking throng. people everywhere. parents, people with cameras...old people left right and centre. not good. first job was find the jess, easier said than done. I waded through the masses, gently removing those in the way. thank fuck! across the mass, i see jess's dad's head. cant miss it - big bald bloke. saweeeet! anyway, i came across Jess - fucking whoa. red dress, and looked the part....fuuuuuuuck i thought - there she is.
cut a long story short, we chatted, ran about to and fro for photos and i perfected the fake smile, perfect for those job interviews. Got some happy snaps with everyone and the family - particularly awkward moment when the photographer attempted to unite the family ~ mum + dad smile awkwardly and soon manage to distance each other...all safe now. had a laugh seeing jess's dad talk with my grandad and uncle. grandad and mr lowe would be best mates if you gave them a beer and a chair, me thinks. anyways, the night went on and it soon got dark-ish. We were told to move to the cars and ambled on down to the oval. Fucked about for a bit, did the red carpet jobbie and waited on the grass for my ride. waved goodbye as everyone entered their limo. waited. waited. waited. everyone cheers - i look over to see a bikie convoy, and.... obscured among the lights, a Rolls. Yesssssss!.

Anyways, we got in and stuffed about for a bit, said hi to the chauffer (neighbour) and did the obligatory smile and wave as we rolled past the masses. from there, the car went along the road marked by bamboo lights and we powered off toward the formal, ford 1966 mach 1 mustang off in front of us, and ricers utd. behind in an integra.

part 2 to follow.

cheers

4 Comments:

At 22/8/05 11:16 PM, Blogger Hector Drone said...

Ok... so it's time for your blog readers to vote. Here is my verdict...

Best couple: Jess & Dave
Best suit [by far]: Dave's
Best dame: Jess
Coolest impersonation of rock star: Ben
Best "my tie fits with your dress" couple: Matt & Berna
Most proud pose: Sam
Most beautiful even with a digicam on my right hand: Tara
Most propably to get married couple: Erc & Liz
Most likely to be thinking "I should be next to Tara instead of Sam": Greg

Congrats to all of you! Nice memories you've build there.

All the best and good luck with your finals!!!

 
At 24/8/05 2:18 AM, Blogger Hector Drone said...

Oops, u r right Sam... You don't... My mistake... Then, maybe you wish you were... :-)

Jess, what d'ya mean, dear? I was told that Dave proposed but you declined...

Eric, Liz, Tara, apologies for all the wrong assumptions, but... to be honest, I'm never wrong. Call me again in ten years time - then we will see who will be married to whom...

 
At 24/8/05 9:06 PM, Blogger Dave said...

umm. weathers nice?

 
At 25/8/05 10:08 PM, Blogger Hector Drone said...

hahahaha, LOL Dave!!!

Btw, you were right about my latest post in greek. It sucks big time... Once again, you got it right...

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home