Monday, June 20, 2005

AC-DC

The boys (Sam, Luke, Ben and myself)got together today for another band session.

Went well.

first off was 'sweet child'o mine' by guns and roses followed by 'sumnshine of my love' by cream. these worked ok, though i didnt know the riffs for sweet child, so i was just improving it the whole time.

then we moved on to AC-DC. That decision was right on the money...

first off, we did an instrumental 'back in black' and then Kirbs decided we should dig out the mic ($2 crazy clarks piece of shit) and someone have a yell along with it. Luke sort of didnt want to, ben sounded like a strangled cat so we got the mic working and everything and i said yeah ill have a go. it went something like this -

intro-
2 x verse 1
*dave does best ac-dc voice*
Back in black
I hit the sack
I been too long
I'm glad to be back
Yes, I'm dead loose

(meanwhile ben and luke are doubled over crying with laughter. sam is like wtf that was ok...)

but the face they say...haha.

anyway we had another go after unfucking the stuff (cables and crap)

then we tried 'highway to hell' with me singing
worked ok

'back in black' again

'TNT'


anyway thats a snippet of how the practice went, photos to follow. any who were wondering what theyre like - thats it. just fucking around most of the time.
i thought it was a damn good practice, we did pretty well, and it was nice to hear a bit of singing to go with the instrumentals.

it was luke's last (formal) practice with the band, but it didnt detract from anything. moving on to bigger and better things i guess. eric is to fill luke's spot, we'll see how that goes.

keep on pluggin on...

later all

1 Comments:

At 24/6/05 3:40 AM, Blogger Junky Nurse said...

Hey dave, I saw this tres cool band from brisbane last night, Grates they are called. They were supporting Be your own pet. I think i liked them more than the headliners.
I guess they are schoolmates???
x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home