Saturday, June 18, 2005

Nothing new

hey all.

not much happening of late.

visited a mate and helped install a tacho (in a red 1982 4.1L manual Ford Falcon XE Station Wagon or the 'Red Falcon') recently. Much fun. Reminded me that yes, i do want to be tuning/fiddling with cars after school in my spare time at least.

Very pleased the tacho wasnt a monster 6" luminous gauge with shift light set at 2000 'arpees for a stock auto commodore, as is the fashion amongst the knobs of the Australian modified car scene. just a little-ish black one.

Should be interesting as to wether the thing looks much better with a new paint-job and a bit of panel-beating here and there - i think that and some new door-seal things for the window, plus the odd bit of rust removal seem to be the extent of aesthetc improvement needed.

Was fucking round with the bass amps today, and much to my delight if you plug the bass into the passive input on the Rumble (25W, 8") and turn that one, and plug the 15B (15W, 6") into the effects loop/pre-amp in of the Rumble, they both work in synchro. Cheers to volume, now i might be able to hear myself at practice. Sawoit!

In other news, am going to go see Wil Anderson (comedian) of Triple J breakfast radio fame this afternoon/night. should be a bloody good show, 'specially for the money.

I have around 20 hours of work next week too, which shall help much toward the progress in buying my suit for the formal. I may have mentioned this earlier, but i have a pet hate of people who rent suits. That is all.


Have a good holidays kids, enjoy youselves.

1 Comments:

At 18/6/05 8:13 PM, Blogger Hector Drone said...

I agree with your pet hate, although I have to admit that this post deals with issues that were not at all familiar with me, when I was finishing schools [actually, they seem more adult wise than my routine now, 14 years later, hahaha].
It's obvious that the culture gap between Athens of the early nineties and Brisbane of the 21st century is... huge, to say the least.
But it is very interesting and it sounds exciting. You are really very mature, I have to say - no wonder Junky Nurse still cannot accept you're under age, hahahaha.
Anyhoo, back to work for me [yeah, I know it's Saturday, shit happens, what can I say?]
Wtire u soon,
All the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home