Sunday, March 27, 2005

I recieved the deluxe edition of QOTSA's 'Lullabies to Paralyse' from who else, but the Jess.
I love these little gift giving occasions when it involves someone you're close to...you always know youre going to love what you get from them..and well, its great to celebrate silly (and only in the sense of purpose, not so much the occasion - 6 months is an achievement) little occasions like this :)

I'd like to be the first to treat you with some photos of the aforementioned cd's liner notes...or whatever they are.

The album itself is well....awesome. On the first listen, i noticed a certain lack of 'get your cock out and rock out' songs, so to speak. on hindsight though, this might be a good thing too. given the Queens' have managed to make a new sound for themselves..it's a good. It's got a certain vibe to it too- like youd get if you held a concert for a hundred people in amongst a big bloody forest of fir trees. There's still the trademark vocals of Homme that range from abrasive to heavenly..and the crunching riffs that make em what they are..but it's more moody now. Oh, and the sound effects have got better too, listen to 'Someone's in the Wolf' and you'll know. First thing's first though, the album kicks ass, and thats all that matter to me.

6 Comments:

At 27/3/05 6:47 PM, Blogger Dave said...

hell yea! it kicks ass!

thanks JESS - ahhhh jess jess jess

:)

 
At 28/3/05 7:20 PM, Blogger Hector Drone said...

It is amazing indeed! What I like most about it is exactly that it is not Songs For The Deaf vol. II, although it would have been easy for Josh Homme to do that. But it's like listening to a different band altogether and I admire that. Excellent guitar playing, clever production, melody hooks... great album - so, what did YOU get Jess for your ann?
Mind you, just because I have all thess records I was telling you about at my previous mail, none of my [girl]friends ever buy me records as presents. NEVER!!! They always say "but you have almost everything, you don't need me to get you just one more..." Well, that's not the case, actually, I still consider cd's and LP's to be the BEST present there is... But I have come to terms with the fact that I have to make that present to myself all the time - and that spoils the surprise... hehehehe

 
At 28/3/05 8:01 PM, Blogger Dave said...

this is jess ahahaha HE BOUGHT ME A HEART THINGY TO GO ON MY NECKLACE. HAHAHHAHAHAHA. IT IS RATHER NICE. *SO INCREDIBLY TIRED RIGHT NOW THAT SHE CANT THINK STRAIGHT*

 
At 28/3/05 10:39 PM, Blogger Dave said...

what jess said...i bought her an amethyst heart shaped pendant to go on the necklace i bought her ages ago...thought it looked nice and well...said a lot :)

 
At 2/4/05 2:31 AM, Blogger Hector Drone said...

I suppose that, as you have been going out for six months, the expression "ages ago" must stand for... a week or so? :-)

 
At 4/4/05 12:33 AM, Blogger Dave said...

i think it may have actually been about a month :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home