Thursday, February 17, 2005

Songs parallel life

Female radio announcer; creepy bass intro enters into driving drum beat and deep, low lyrics

Nobody’s coming down the hall - Dad aint turnin back
Nobody echoes in my head - people dont tell me things now
Broken reflection outta luck - bad memories
Nobody ever needed it

and the riff changes; singer's tone gets higher
I got what was
I want to take what's left
Ready now - i gotta take wot i got into this year and make it a good one.

back to the driving beat and a small whining solo
Beautiful senses are gone - feel emotionally numb
Canary in a gilded cage
Singin - like the devil inside my head that tells me im gonna fail all the time

Sweet, soft, and low - like 'J' in a quiet mood
I will poison you all - and the reference to 'J' ends here. she has
Come closer, racing to your tongue brought me so much - she's hardly a poison, more of an angel really

and back again to the higher tone; the different riff
I got what was
I want to take what's left
No talk will cure - no words will make me change now
What's lost, or save what's left
For the deaf - i dont hear what i dont want to.

whispering; staggered grinding riff.

The blind can go get fucked - too bad fuckers
Lie beside the ditch - a portent of what is to come if i dont straighten out, sort of.
This halo round my neck
Has torn out every stictch - like the honesty i cling to has broguht me so much shit

repeating whining distorted riff; constant howling in background
Who are you hiding
Is it safe for the deaf - who cant see things coming. im sort of deaf.
Beautiful cancer - like dad's bitch, only i dont want to know what she looks like and i never do.
Infiltrate and forget
I saw you coming - shoulda known he was going to do it
I heard not a thing
A mistake not to listen
When I knew where you'd been - just like i see what people have given one another. traits, habits its all the same. we become less like who we hate and more like those we like.

And I got what was
I want to take what's left
No talk will cure
What's lost, or save what's left - dont talk of what you lost anymore dave, it cant save a thing.
For the deaf

ending now; whispering; note fades abruptly to radio announcer again, but a man this time

(its a QOTSA song. my favourite band. Saw some parallels.)

1 Comments:

At 1/3/05 9:12 PM, Blogger Dave said...

by the way - QOTSA FUCKIN ROCK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home